Tuesday 18 May 2010

I have just ordered a sewing machine and am very excited. It's only a basic one but I have had an urge for a while to try my hand at making some clothes for my boys. I've been inspired by all the wonderful handmade clothes I've seen on other blogs especially on the fabulous Elsie Marley blog where Meg has been hosting Kids Clothes Week.
I've also become very frustrated recently at the lack of affordable but cool (and a little bit different) clothing available for boys on the high street.

I am particularly loving these trousers and this top.
Both from Dana at Made - I've only just discovered her wonderful blog, so inspiring.
No doubt I will be showing you my creations, although I'm not promising great things to start with being a complete novice to sewing. I'm looking forward to the challenge and the prospect of creating some lovely clothes for my kiddlywinks - and maybe for myself in the future if all goes to plan. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment